MEET #5523 DAVID BRENNER
UX/UI Designer • Hamburg, Germany
Congratulations to WNW Member #5523 David Brenner, for getting a job offer within 41 minutes of joining. David is currently based in Hamburg, working as a UX/UI Designer. His work on the G-Shock "Five Minutes" website earned numerous accolades from FWA, including Site of the Day, Month, and Year. David has also worked for top clients that include BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Carl Zeiss, and DHL. If you like David's dance moves (above), check out his portfolio site for the extended version.
1. How long have you been freelancing?
For about 1.5 years.
2. Is there a time or place that you feel most creative/have the best ideas?
Well I'm working often at my office/my home so I'm trying to get the best ideas in everyday life.
3. What's your ideal Working:Not Working ratio?
As a self-employed guy you have to work 24/7. I have my business in my mind all the time even if there is no project I could work on.
4. Do your parents understand what you do?
They’re thinking I’m doing something with websites and stuff… When I told them we won the FWA Website of the Year Award they were just asking ,"Oh really? Will you be mentioned in the newspaper?"
5. What scene from a movie makes you laugh just thinking about it?
6. If you were stranded on a desert island, with your computer, what 3 websites would you take with you?
Well… In that case porn is the only friend you got ;)
7. What do you do when Not Working?
I’m a big fan of video games. Hearthstone by Blizzard for example is a great way to free your mind and relax.
8. Do you have a hidden talent?
I love to play poker in hidden smoky backyard clubs and I’m actually trying my luck as a DJ.
9. Any tips or advice for fellow freelancers?
Be sure you are organized, don’t spend all the money you earn at once and get connected with possible clients as soon as you can.
10. What's your favorite thing on the internet this week?
We had a party on Saturday where I was DJing. A friend showed me a great website you can use for some background visuals.