MEET #2660 LUKE BOTT
Designer • Wichita, KS
WNW Member #2260 Luke Bott has worked for a range of clients that include Coke, Pepsi, MailChimp, Nickelodeon, Hasbro, Sonos, and Wired. The Wichita-based designer has some medical advice for freelancers: "Invest in a good chair. You will be spending a lot of time in it."
1. How long have you been freelancing?
Almost 4 years now.
2. Is there a time or place that you feel most creative/have the best ideas?
I feel like my best ideas come to me when I step away from the computer.
3. What's your ideal Working:Not Working ratio?
I would say about 70/30. I love what I do but it's important for me to disconnect and spend time with my family in the evenings and on weekends.
4. Do your parents understand what you do?
Yeah they know that I’m a Chippendale dancer.
5. What scene from a movie makes you laugh just thinking about it?
I love the scene in Pee Wee’s Big Adventure when he knocks over the motorcycles. His face and the sound he makes cracks me up every time.
I also really like like when Batman is fighting off the shark in Batman The Movie.
6. If you were stranded on a desert island, with your computer, what 3 websites would you take with you?
http://www.superherohype.com/ - YouTube - Instagram
7. What do you do when Not Working?
Working out and reading comics. Not at the same time though.
8. Do you have a hidden talent?
I can do the worm like a champ.
9. Any tips or advice for fellow freelancers?
Invest in a good chair. You will be spending a lot of time in it.
10. What's your favorite thing on the internet this week?